2.13.2015

Happy 6-months, Clark!

Dear Clark,

Six months old!! How has a half of a year already gone by?!? This was a rough month.  You are a lot of work.  Nights have been bad.  You are waking up every few hours and scream at the top of your lungs.  I end up feeding you several times in the night (in my bed) just to get you to pass out so I can get a few hours of rest.  There has not been a single night this month that you have slept longer than a few hours.  I am so exhausted.  I am very much looking forward to when you sleep through the night. The days have been rough too.  You love being held and whine you are on your back, regardless of how many toys are around you.  You are only happy on your back when we are outside, so we spend a LOT of time at the park.

The biggest change this month was my return to work.  I am gone all day two days a week and just a few hours one day a week.  Our nanny, Lucy, takes wonderful care of you and Sloane. I thought it was going to be hard leaving you but I am so busy at work, I barely have time to miss you.   The other big event this month was starting you on regular foods.  So far you are not overly excited about eating.  You like to have a few tastes then you are over it.   You have tried carrots, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, avocados and spinach/banana sauces.

Sloane and you are adorable together.  She loves you so much and can still make you laugh more than Daddy and I can.  You love watching her sing and dance to Frozen songs.  You have the biggest smile in the evenings when we cuddle with Sloane in her bed before she goes asleep.  She loves reading books to you in the morning while the three of us cuddle in my big bed.

You found your toes this month and enjoy playing with them when I am getting your bath ready in the evening.  Before bath is usually the only time that you are cool with being on your back, probably because you just like being naked.  I think sitting up is coming soon.  Tonight Daddy was trying to get you to sit up on your bed and you immediately tipped over and would laugh.  He would sit you up again and you would fall, laughing the entire time.

Even though this month was tough with the nonstop whining and lack of sleep, you are still a wonderful baby and I love you so much.  I absolutely love how you pass out on my chest every night before bed and how you smile at me when I get home from work.  The moment you hear my voice, you get so excited and it makes me so happy.  I love you so much.

XOXO,
Mommy


February 13th and we went to the pool today...
 

No comments: