6.15.2015

Happy 10-Months, Clark!

Dear Clark,

Happy 10-months!  I am a few days late writing this letter but I doubt that you care.  This has been a GREAT month.  You are such a happy baby and finally sleeping through the night!! There have been many nights that you have slept from 8pm to 6am in your crib.  However, there have been a few nights that you have woken up around 4:30-5am, but I think the earlier wake-ups have been due to teething since you have FOUR teeth!  Your first tooth was a bottom tooth, then the top, then the other bottom and yesterday the other top tooth finally cut through the gums.  You look so cute with all four little teeth.

The other milestone this month was crawling and sitting up on your own.  You have not mastered crawling but you are moving all over the place.  You crawl for a few feet then wiggle your body around to sit up, then lay back on your tummy and crawl for another few feet before sitting up again.  You very curious and like to pull toys out of buckets and explore all over Sloane’s room.   I also learned that you love playing with plastic containers in the kitchen while I am working on dinner.  I have a feeling that you will be crawling very quickly for long distances in the next week or two.

This month was also a great month for trying new foods.  I learned that you only like super smooth purees. No chucks at all.  You love butternut squash with cherries, peas with peaches, sweet potatoes with mangoes, oatmeal with apples and dates, and blueberries with bananas.   I have tried mashing up avocados and you just gag on it.  If it is not smooth, you won’t eat it off a spoon.  However, you love small crunchy snacks like cherrios, corn flakes and rice crispy cereal.  Our next challenge is getting you to eat protein and drinking from a straw cup.  I haven’t even tried to give you meat and the straw cup has not been successful. 

You love going on the swings at the park.  Most mornings, I take you and Sloane to the park and feed you breakfast in the swing while Sloane plays.  Then she will push you and you giggle and smile the entire time.   You also like playing in the sand at the beach, although you usually try to eat the sand.  Daddy and I have put you in the pool a few times but you have not been thrilled with it.  After 10 minutes, you are over it and would rather sit on a towel and play with toys.  You love music and like to shake your head and body to the beat.  We have a music table and you can stand next to and it is one of your favorite things to do.

I love you so much and although it is a bad habit, I still rock you to sleep for naps since I know that soon you will be too big to fit in my arms.   Can’t wait to see what milestones will occur in the next two months before you turn one!

XOXO,
Mommy

No comments: