3.13.2015

Happy Seven-Months, Clark!

Dear Clark,

You are seven months old today!  This has been a much better month for you (and us).  You are no longer whinny nonstop which is a major relief for me because the crying and constant holding was rough.  You enjoy laying on your jungle playmat and playing with toys.   However, you are not staying on your playmat for long because you started rolling and scooting a few days ago.  It is so much fun to see you happy and content on your own.  You are playing with your feet more and even stuck your toes in your mouth last night.   You are making all sorts of sounds and laughing a lot more.  Sloane still makes you very happy but now daddy and I can make you laugh too.

The highlight of the month was learning to sit up.  You don't stay sitting up for long, but you can balance on your own for a few minutes.  You love tipping over (on the bed) and having us sit you up again.  You immediately tip over and laugh, and want to sit up again.  You are growing so much!  None of your clothes fit and I need to buy you bigger clothes soon because we are squeezing you into oneies that barely snap.  You weigh over 15 pounds and you have chubby checks and thighs, which I think are adorable.   We have introduced you to all sorts of new foods this month (blueberries, raspberries, mangoes, bananas, pears, yogurt, green beans, spinach, avocado and oatmeal) and you were not interested in more than a bite or two.  However, a few days ago you started enjoying food more and now open your mouth when the spoon is near and finish the portions that I prepare for you. 

The best part of my day is when I come home from work on Tuesday and Thursday and you get the BIGGEST smile on your face when you see me.  You know that I am your mama and you are so excited that I am home.  You also love when daddy comes home from work and you always give him big smiles while we eat dinner together.  He also makes you laugh during dinner time which is great because I am able to sneak food in your mouth while he keeps you distracted.

The nights are still bad.  You wake up 2 to 3 times a night - Sometimes around 10:30pm, midnight, 2, 4, 6.... It sucks.  I am so tired.  I want you to sleep through the night and I don't know how to help you sleep better.  Your doctor said I should let you cry and we tried that right after you turned 6 months.  It didn't work.  You cried for 45 minutes straight (at the top of your lungs) in the middle of the night.   After 45 minutes I couldn't handle it anymore and rocked you back to sleep.  Most nights I am so exhausted, I bring you into bed with daddy and I so you can have a quick feeding and pass out next to me.  I am hoping that once you roll over in bed that you will be more comfortable on your tummy and will sleep better. 

I love you so much.  You are so sweet and chubby and even though you wake up in the middle of the night, you are still the best baby ever because you are mine.

XOXO,
Mommy


No comments: